It’s that time of the year where you reflect on the current year and how you’ll improve yourself for the up-coming year. Definitely make them positives. I do believe that if you make a habit out of things, it does become a part of your nature, or your “lifestyle” because it becomes a way of life. I really need to make time for things again. I would say that this year I got very lazy and complacent and I want to change that. Time for a Re-Up.
So here are a few things I hope to accomplish in 2012:
- I dare myself to put at least 100 miles on my bike a month
- Taking more pictures again and may put out a photo set once a month
- Take time out to learn/study. Keep my brain stimulated.
- Eat better. But everything tastes better with a fried egg on top. And donuts.
- Get out of the work schedule rut. I let it overtake me. I want my freedom back.
- See my loved ones more. This holiday break made me realize how much I miss them.
- Open my travel chapter up again.
- Keep PedalHouston alive and kicking. I love what it’s done and the community it’s created.
- Stop spending. More saving. My budgeting went haywire last year somehow.
- Get a dog.
I wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year. It’s just like any other day but this is our societal excuse to give ourselves a fresh start at something. To feel like we are given a clean slate to move forward. I’ve learned a lot this year and I hope to work harder and not slack on what I want to achieve. I’m happy to have a great family and good friends to keep me sane. To think, it’s 2012. I thought we would be living like the Jetsons by this time. Time goes by fast as hell. Go do something.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!